Monday, January 8, 2007

Just an Introduction

I thought I'd start out by introducing myself. My name is Amber Hoskins and I am a freshman at Ball State University. I will be focusing on the situation in Burma, but will also blog about Darfur and other human rights issues. My next blog will focus on the history of the conflict in Burma, as I feel one must understand the history of the conflict before one can fully understand the gravity of the current situation. Here is a sort of overview of what I'll be discussing about Burma: a brief history of the conflict, sexual exploitation, domestic service, forced commercial labor, and Aung San Suu Kyi. Human rights is a very important issue that is, unfortunately, be ignored in mainstream America. It is important to keep up to date on human rights issues and to raise your voice in protest. Do not stay silent.

No comments: