Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ana's Introduction :)

Hi! Before I begin my first post, I'd like to introduce myself:

My name is Ana Halper. I'm a freshman at Florida Atlantic University in South Florida, and I've been participating in human rights activism for about 3 and a half years, and Darfur activism for about two. I am the vice president of my school's chapter of Amnesty International, and I plan to pursue a career in human rights or international aid. I am currently working on several Darfur projects, including selling t-shirts for an incredible cause, planning a community rally, and collaborating with MTVU to bring a benefit concert to my campus.

As an activist, I am very honored to be a part of the Museum's Student Genocide Prevention Board, and as a writer, I look forward to contributing to this blog. I plan to explore the issues surrounding the Darfur genocide, as well as a humans rights concern that hits closer to home: the torture debate in the United States.

No comments: